I’ve lived in Slidell my entire life and as much as I think I’d like to live somewhere else, I don’t know that I ever could. My roots are here and I’m comfortable. Slidell is growing, that’s for sure but one thing that hasn’t changed is my local love! I love eating local, it’s supporting the community and I love the small town feel these restaurants have. One of my goals for 2016 is to do more local things and that includes eating local more, Here is my list of my favorite local spots…
- Southside Cafe | http://www.southsidecafe.net | I absolutely love the blacked catfish and the roast beef melt!
- Fuji Yama | http://fujiyamala.com | Hibachi Chicken, no veggies extra rice and bring on the ginger sauce!
- Counter Culture | http://www.countercultureslidell.com | They have awesome gumbo! It’s just amazing, you have to try it!
- Bonnie C’s | http://www.menuexpressdelivery.com/r/1401/restaurants/delivery/Home-Cookin/Bonnie-Cs-Slidell | The french toast is to die for!
- Sunrise Bistro | http://sunriseonsecond.com/Sunrisesecond/Welcome.html | Two words: River Boat, just order it!
- Speckled T’s | http://www.speckledts.com | The chicken club on croissant is very good! Don’t count the calories on this please!
- Nathan’s | http://nathansrestaurant.net | My husband and I shared the fried seafood platter, and I’m really not a fan of fried food but wow! The gumbo is awesome too!
- Creole Bagelry! http://www.creolebagelry.com | My FAVORITE is their Blueberry Bagel breakfast sandwich with eggs, cheese and sausage. If you’re looking for a side, the potatoes are amazing and don’t forget the iced coffee!
Have you ever eaten at any of these spots? What are your favorite menu items?